- To represent the organisation at official functions.
- To set the overall annual committee agenda (consistent with the views of members).
- To assist the committee in setting and achieving the goals and objectives of the organisation.
- To preside at meetings when available to do so. (Usually on-line).
- To represent Cutweb at AWCC and IWA or similar organisations to which the club may be affiliated and attend regional meetings.
- To welcome new members to the club by whatever means is appropriate.
- To provide a postal address and deal with all non-electronic communications
which come to the club via that address.
- To receive electronic communications from other organisations (AWCC, IWA) and
distribute their contents to the Commodore and relevant recipients within
- To draft communications for internal and external publication.
- To distribute those communications as necessary after content is by the
- To arrange the third party insurance required to cover any events the club may
wish to hold (Currently obtained through IWA).
Approximate time required: 1-2 hours per week averaged out across a year.
- To manage the on-line bank account.
- To manage the Paypal account.
- To process subscription payments.
- To pay cheques into current account.
- To pay for any items required by the club or reimbursing club officers who
do so from their own funds.
- To prepare end of year account balance sheet for AGM.
- To pay annual membership fees to organisations to which the club is affiliate.
- To provide a postal address for Cutweb financial communications.
Approximate time required: 1 – 2 hours per week.
- To maintain an up to date database of members, their addresses, email address and boats.
- To manage the AGM Yahoo mailing list, inviting members as necessary and deleting ex-members when they leave the club.
- To accept email applications from potential members and provide them with information about the club and procedure for joining.
- To send a Yahoo invitation to join the Yahoo Cutweb Group, a welcoming email, AWCC membership card, CIBC window sticker and letter showing what information the club holds on them on receipt of confirmation of payment from a new member.
- To post a reminder, at the end fo the year, that renewals are due on the mailing list.
- To send, in the new year, reminders to all members who have not renewed their membership send a second and third reminder as necessary.
- To remove lapsed members from the Yahoo mailing list, Yahoo AGM list and database.
- To liaise with the Treasurer to maintain a supply of AWCC membership cards and window stickers.
- To monitor the mailing list for spam and compromised accounts, putting members on and removing from moderation as necessary.
- To print and post membership cards to all members as they renew their memberships.
Approximate time required: 1 hr per week for 46 weeks and 2 hrs a week for 6 weeks (October – January)
- To support the officers with committee matters and deputise when required.
- The role of webmaster is a voluntary one, to be filled as and when a vacancy occurs. It is not an elected committee post.
Any skill level of web design and FTP from basic knowledge to professional expertise would be acceptable.
- To liaise with the committee with regard to maintaining and updating the
club website as and when required.